ASHRAE stands for the American Society for Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers. ASHRAE has grown into an international society that promotes and develops industry standards in the built environment as a means to enhance human well-being.
ASHRAE was founded in 1894 and has 50,000 members worldwide. We have our own student branch at Humber College that was founded in 2011.
As technologists interested in extracurricular learning and developing yourself as a budding profession, you can capitalize on our activities. We frequently host events and seminars at Humber, as well as tours to interesting buildings off-campus. We also encourage attending Toronto Chapter and ASHRAE Society events. If you are interested in joining us, we can connect you with an amazing society that provides a lifetime of benefits.
Check out ASHRAE Society and register online. For the annual student membership fee of $20, you will benefit from the following:
- Discounts on publications, conferences, and continuing education opportunities
- Society and chapter-level scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate engineering students
- Digital access to the monthly ASHRAE Journal and the quarterly High Performing Building Magazine
- Find internships and jobs at www.ashraejobs.org
- Gain essential skills not taught in class
Check out the Toronto Chapter, our parent branch, for networking and skill-building events that will connect you to the local industry.