ASHRAE annually awards three (3) scholarships, valued at $3,000, to qualified undergraduate Engineering Technology students enrolled full-time in a post-secondary educational institution. Traditionally the recipients have been enrolled in a preparatory curriculum for the HVAC&R profession. Since Humber College hosts an ASHRAE Student Branch, the students within the various HVAC&R related programs are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Membership within the organization is a requirement as well.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale where 4.0 is the highest and/or a class standing of no less than the top 30%
- Official transcript of college grades. These transcripts must be mailed in since only the original official document is accepted (NO photocopies!).
- Three (3) signed letters of recommendation
- One from an instructor or faculty advisor
- One from current or past employer
- Other character reference (excluding family members)
i. ASHRAE Student Branches can use their chapter’s faculty advisor as a reference
Full details and application are available at:
Remember: Applications are due on May 1st, before the start of the semester you are applying for.
In case you are wondering how your % grade translates to an American GPA scoring system, here is a rough guide:
90 to 100% 4.0
85 to 89% 3.9
80 to 84% 3.7
77 to 79% 3.3
73 to 76% 3.0
70 to 72% 2.7
67 to 69% 2.3
63 to 66% 2.0
60 to 62% 1.7
57 to 59% 1.3
53 to 56% 1.0
50 to 52% 0.7
< 49 0.0